God’s keys to godly speech:
- soft words: if you are harsh and mean when you talk, it only makes more problems
- sweet words
- suitable words
- scant words: the more you talk, the more likely you are to say something wrong/stupid/etc.
- slow words: think about your words prior to saying them, don’t just say the first thing that comes to mind.
How to change communication:
- pray about it: vent to God 1st, you can gain spiritual insight that way
- choose to cut out poor communication
When you fail to communicate in God’s way…
…stop talking, take a break, pray, seek to resolve in God’s way, try again
Don’t always say “you…”, take “the blame” sometimes.
Encourage him. Be sorry quickly, don’t dwell on the problem. And don’t nag…